1. First Do No Harm: A naturopath strives to use safe and effective natural methods, herbal medicines and nutritional supplements with as little side effects as possible to deal with your health issues.
2. Nature has healing powers: Living things have an innate ability to heal themselves. Naturopaths strongly believe in the body’s inherent ability to heal itself and provide support for your body systems to do just that whilst providing support and alleviation of symptoms.
3. Identify and treat the cause: Naturopaths are trained to seek the underlying cause of disease, rather than to simply suppress symptoms.
4. Treat the whole person: The aim is to view and treat the patient holistically by taking into account the complex set of physical, mental, emotional, spiritual, social, and environmental factors that make up their total state of health.
5. The physician is a teacher: Naturopathic physicians are primarily teachers – educating, empowering, and motivating patients to feel more empowered in caring for their own health by adopting a healthy attitude, lifestyle and diet.
6. Prevention is the best cure: Naturopaths are preventive medicine specialists. They achieve this by educating and encouraging people about life habits that support health and prevent disease.
7. Establish health and wellness: The primary goal of the naturopath is to establish and maintain optimum health and to promote wellness. Our aim is to help you feel well and happy.